Monday 20 June 2011

About me


I am hoping to study for the MA in Design and Art Direction at MMU as I see this as a great opportunity for me to experiment and push the boundaries of my own work. Having recently completed my Graphic Arts degree as a mature student I feel now is the perfect time for me to continue my studies on an MA. MMU has a great reputation as a School of Art, and from having recently visited the degree show, I feel, a very different vibe to LJMU. I really enjoyed my studies at LJMU, but I feel studying at MMU will give me a chance to rethink and further develop my own visual language and practice.

The pictures I have posted are a good representation of the type of work I have been producing the last year or so. My sketchbooks are a really important tool for my work, so I always have one on me just in case. I'm an obsessive doodler, and enjoy sketching my ideas out in coloured pencil or pen. I work mainly in pen and ink, and watercolours, although this last year has seen me develop a real passion for screenprinting. I spent some time outside of uni at the Bluecoat print studios and enjoyed letterpress and advanced screen printing courses. It’s a really good place to establish links and continue to access printmaking facilities for in the future, so I have recently been training as a print technician there.
I am currently exhibiting work as part of the Global Echo - a collaborative student / staff printmaking project which exchanges exhibitions with international colleges and universities.

No comments:

Post a Comment